Transcreation: the nuts and bolts (and then some)
03.03.2020 09:00 - 17:00
The demand for transcreation services is strong, and rising. However, misconceptions about transcreation abound. What is it, really? To some it’s just a fancy term for selling translations at a higher price tag. Yet while it’s certainly true that transcreation work doesn’t come cheap, it is more than just a premium-quality kind of translation.
In this full-day seminar, you will gain insights into the special challenges (and rewards) that this type of service poses. We will discuss how transcreations differ from translations, practice select transcreative techniques, and learn how to argue the case for transcreation services whenever they are called for.
The topics we will cover include:
- Which situations and types of texts call for a transcreation?
- In what ways does a transcreation process differ from that of a translation?
- How does creativity work in transcreation?
- How can I better unlock my transcreative potential?
- What are the deliverables in a transcreation project?
- Why are transcreation jobs so time-consuming? How can I estimate the time needed for transcreating different types of texts?
- How do I respond to translation requests that should actually be handled as transcreations?
This seminar is for:
Linguists who would like to start out in the field of transcreation or gain more confidence in the way they approach transcreative work.
- Ausgebildete Dolmetscherin und Übersetzerin (Diplomstudium, Mag. phil.)
- Weiterbildung in den Bereichen Recht und Wirtschaft sowie Marketing, Management, Werbung und Marktforschung
- Mehrjährige hauptberufliche Erfahrung als Executive und Consultant in der Marktforschung und Strategischen Planung
- Jahrelange Erfahrung in der selbständigen Erarbeitung von Marketing-Präsentationen und strategischen Dokumenten
- Langjährige Zusammenarbeit mit Werbeexperten